What you'll learn
Through meaningful interactions with colleagues and trainers, and mentoring to help you level up your skills to meet the data science revolution, FOSS builds your research toolbox, your community, and your confidence so that your data-driven research rests upon a solid open science foundation.
- Use open source tools to manage the full data lifecycle for open science and improved reproducibility
- Organize your lab, communications, and research with productivity software
- Connect with colleagues across institutional boundaries and research domains
- Engage with the community of Open Science practitioners
View our most recent FOSS curriculum (Spring 2023 Workshop) here.
Who should attend
Geared toward faculty, postdocs, and advanced graduate students of all skill levels, FOSS offers hands-on learning to build a solid Open Science foundation for your research and educational projects in a collaborative, supportive atmosphere with peers and project mentors.
Come on your own or as a team. FOSS is geared toward helping PIs make and implement decisions on computational approaches, lab policies, collaboration, and hiring and identifying areas for future training.
Set yourself apart with new technical and virtual collaboration skills that funders, research and educational institutions, and even students now demand.
- Tools for project management and managing the data lifecycle using FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) data principles
- Introduction to reproducibility tools like container technology to streamline your work and make it more reproducible
- Code development best practices
- Interactive collaboration tools such as GitHub/GitHub Pages for version control, research and teaching