Who should attend?
Any researcher seeking to exploit container technology to make their computational analyses easier, more reproducible, and more accessible for Open Science. Must enjoy a collaborative, innovative environment. Preference is given to NSF BIO-funded PIs and early career researchers.
What will I learn?
- Understand what containers are and their role in reproducible science
- Find and deploy existing containers using CyVerse VICE (Visual Interactive Compute Environment)
- Learn to create Docker containers using your own data and/or analyses for reproducible analysis
- Understand the role of the Dockerfile in the build
- Learn to apply Linux command line skills to write Docker files
What's new this year?
- More hands-on time for your project (be sure to bring your own data!)
- Using containers interactively (using containers in CyVerse's Visual Interactive Computing Environment)