External Collaborative Partnerships
CyVerse is migrating ECP to Professional Services. Please see our Professional Services for more information.
External Collaborative Partnerships (ECP) pair you with an expert staff member to address the computational needs of your specific scientific project.
Criteria for Assessing External Collaborative Partnership Requests
- The applicant is not currently receiving ECP support.
- Deliverables from the proposed ECP project will remove or reduce a specific computational bottleneck.
- The applicant has provided a viable plan for executing the project with specific milestones and timeline.
- The applicant has provided a specific, viable plan for making ECP-facilitated deliverable(s) available to the public through CyVerse.
- The science is within the scope of CyVerse’s Science Enablement Vision.
- CyVerse staff estimate that the ECP project can be completed in three months or less, except in special circumstances where a longer timeframe has been justified.
- CyVerse personnel with necessary expertise to conduct the ECP engagement are available within the next three months.
- The ECP proposal includes a specific commitment by the applicant of informatician and/or developer time to assist with implementation.
- From a technical perspective, the solution can be implemented using existing components of CyVerse’s CI, requiring minimal software development effort.
- There is no alternative, workable solution already available through CyVerse or elsewhere.
- There is clear evidence that the resulting deliverable(s) has potential to enable science for scientists beyond the applicant’s immediate network of collaborators.
- The project includes specific efforts to communicate with the broader community about the CyVerse resources used for the project.