Skip to main content
Criteria for Assessing Extended Collaborative Partnership Requests
- The applicant is not currently receiving ECP support.
- Deliverables from the proposed ECP project will remove or reduce a specific computational bottleneck.
- The applicant has provided a viable plan for executing the project with specific milestones and timeline.
- The applicant has provided a specific, viable plan for making ECP-facilitated deliverable(s) available to the public through CyVerse.
- The science is within the scope of CyVerse’s Science Enablement Vision.
- CyVerse staff estimate that the ECP project can be completed in three months or less, except in special circumstances where a longer timeframe has been justified.
- CyVerse personnel with necessary expertise to conduct the ECP engagement are available within the next three months.
- The ECP proposal includes a specific commitment by the applicant of informatician and/or developer time to assist with implementation.
- From a technical perspective, the solution can be implemented using existing components of CyVerse’s CI, requiring minimal software development effort.
- There is no alternative, workable solution already available through CyVerse or elsewhere.
- There is clear evidence that the resulting deliverable(s) has potential to enable science for scientists beyond the applicant’s immediate network of collaborators.
- The project includes specific efforts to communicate with the broader community about the CyVerse resources used for the project.